The PIA-consortium is designed to provide an innovative environment for software development, field trials and exploitation activities. The project partners and their main areas of expertise/tasks in the PIA-project are:
- Berlin Institute for Social Research (BIS) (Germany): Ethical issues, tests and field trials, accessibility issues, dissemination.
- Asker Municipality: User requirements, care technology integration and interoperability, tests, field trials, dissemination.
- Karde AS: Project management, accessibility design, dissemination, exploitation. Coordinator.
- Tellu AS: Software development, sensor technologies, technology standards, exploitation. Technical manager.
- Castilla-La Mancha University, Modelling Ambient Intelligence Research Lab (MAmI): IADL, carer stress and quality of life modelling and measurement tools.
- Accord Group: Field trials, ethical issues, coping at home, dissemination. Ethics manager.
- StickyWorld: Software development, multimedia, integration issues, social platform, exploitation. Impact manager.
- University of Ulster, Smart Environments Research Group (SERG): Smart homes, sensor systems, multimedia.
Karde AS has two sub-contractors in Norway: City of Oslo Resource Center for Geriatric Care (IADL, expert panel, smart homes for elderly) and Seniornett Norway (user requirements, tests and trials).